Fire Engineer - Cardiff or London
Outline of Role
What you’ll do:
Working on a wide range of projects across all sectors in a fast-paced dynamic environment you will provide expert advice on smoke control systems to our in-house contracting teams, our service division, external customers and our Approved Installer Network.
Working as part of the design team and managing your own project workload from conception to commissioning, your principal function will be interpreting building fire strategies and producing detailed designs suitable for construction. You will communicate well with internal and external customers and attend meetings as required.
Comprehensive in-house training will be given on smoke control design, however a good understanding of either fire engineering or mechanical services design in construction is essential.
- Manage the design process, from inception to successful completion of the project
- Review tender documents in order to draft technical submittals, designs, schematics, cause and effects, fan selections etc. to satisfy requirements
- Review CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) reports to issue for Building Control approval
- Review tender documents, extract available information and develop schedule of information required for drawing purposes
- Coordinate services in 2D designs and use to produce technical drawings for installation and pre-fabrication
- Build long-term working relationships with new and existing clients. Assist in maintaining relationships and communication flow with Contracts Managers and other colleagues in the Design Team
About You – What you will bring to us
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar multi-discipline role within building services or fire engineering.
- Experience in delivering a mixture of developments ranging from multi-storey residential properties to commercial offices and car parks.
- A methodical and organised approach with the ability to self-manage workload and act off own initiative
- BSc degree in fire engineering or building services, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in project management, with direct experience in M&E services or fire engineering (smoke control, BEMS or others)
- Experience in the Construction or Building Services industry
- An up-to-date CSCS card and previous experience on live building sites would be advantageous, although not essential