The wind and rain detector combination WTS-892 was designed for connection to the SHE and ventilation control panels of Simon PROtec Systems GmbH. In the event of excessive wind and / or rain, the detectors prevent the windows from being controlled by the control panel being left open.
The wind force measured via the wind turbine is passed on to the integrated evaluation electronics. This measures the actual value and matches it with the set limit value. If the value is exceeded, a signal contact activates the "Close" command.
Heated sensor plate for more functional safety
The WTS-892 wind and rain detector is equipped with a heated sensor plate. This prevents false triggering in extreme weather conditions.
The limit value of the wind force can be freely selected (between 1 and 12 Beaufort). By default, the detector is at 4 Bft. set. Over a switch-on delay of up to 24 seconds, any wind gusts can be bridged. It is possible to mount the wind and rain detector both on a mast and directly on a wall.
Wind and rain detector combination WTS-892 at a glance:
- Rain sensor with certified gold contacts for reliable reporting
- after activation 15-minute constant CLOSE command to relieve the controller in case of rapid weather fluctuations
- heated sensor plate
- Potential-free changeover contact for on-site evaluation
- including mounting bracket in natural aluminum and mast clamp
- Wind sensor adjustable from a gentle breeze to a hurricane
Under the Construction Products Regulations (CPR) it is a legal requirement to use only certified products for smoke ventilation. It is the responsibility of the installer to ensure installations meet the relevant standards. For more information see SCS Group’s Technical Bulletin.