The Opensky louvre vent is a natural and smoke ventilator perfect for comfort ventilation or as part of an N-SHEV (Natural, smoke and heat exhaust ventilation) or UniForce mechanical smoke extraction systems.
The louvre vent is maintenance-free, compact and lightweight and is available with a variety of control options and finishes. In the event of a fire, the thermal release system triggers automatically and independently of all other control mechanisms.
The Opensky louvre vent has been tested to BS EN 12101 – Part 2: 2003: Specification for natural and heat exhaust ventilators.
The louvre vent blades can be made of polycarbonate or aluminium with the ventilator side panels reinforced by internal longitudinal sections. The casing is made from corrosion-resistant aluminium alloy, AlMg3.
Due to the variable unit dimensions and the adaptor flange range, the louvre vent can be easily installed in all customary roof and wall constructions, also as a natural ventilation and smoke extraction system. Additionally, the vent can be fitted with insect screens.
The louvre vent base is designed to be mounted on the top of a pre-constructed upstand and shall be supplied with a 30mm turndown and a 250mm flange to allow for curbs with added insulation.
1.5m2 Stair / Shaft louvre vent at a glance:
- Ideal for use on Northlight roofs and roofs with an inclination of 30° to 90°, as well as in walls
- Individual customisation for all roof openings up to 5.71m2
- Suitable for everyday ventilation (full ventilation at a louvre position of 90°)
- Only one drive per unit necessary
- The pneumatic or electric drive is completely hidden inside the frame
- Only one control cable necessary
- Good aerodynamic efficiency
- Channels in the louvre blades conduct rainwater into a lateral drainage channel and prevent it from entering the building
- Individually adaptable to all types of buildings
- All consoles are produced from high-strength castings
- Hail-and fall-through-proof depending on the specification
- Powder coating allows for individual choice of colours
- Plinth mounting using tension locks – no drill holes needed
- Fire-resistance rating A1 (depending on the specification)
- Low maintenance
1.0m2 Stair / Shaft Vent Louvre also available
As per our terms of sale this product is non-refundable.
Under the Construction Products Regulations (CPR) it is a legal requirement to use only certified products for smoke ventilation. It is the responsibility of the installer to ensure installations meet the relevant standards. For more information see SCS Group’s Technical Bulletin.