Our Approved Partner training course is an essential part of becoming an SCS Group Approved Installer and comprises three distinct modules: Design, Installation and Commissioning. The next SCS Group Approved Partner training will be delivered at our Cardiff office and will consist of 6 Modules which are detailed below.
The training modules will be as follows, but please note the finish times could change:
Tuesday 30th & Wednesday 31st August 2022 – 09:30 to 16:00: Block 1 & 2 – Approved Partner.
Compulsory training listed in framework / £550 Net pp per day (up to 8 available places)
- Approved Document B: Fire Safety.
- Product selection – BS9991: Fire safety in the design, management and use of residential buildings – code of practice.
- BS 9999: Code of practice for fire safety in the design, management and use of buildings.
- Car Park Systems.
- Pressurization Systems.
- Mechanical Extract Systems.
Each attendee will require the following items:
- Calculator (the course includes tasks which include basic mathematics)
- Rule (does not need to be a scale rule)
- Highlighter pen
Those people doing our Approved Partner training course must first have completed Module 1 – our Fundamentals online learning and assessment (the details of which will be sent to you after you have purchased the course).
Please note: Due to COVID restrictions, dates and method of delivering the training may change. As such we strongly advise against booking accommodation until nearer the time.
Under the Construction Products Regulations (CPR) it is a legal requirement to use only certified products for smoke ventilation. It is the responsibility of the installer to ensure installations meet the relevant standards. For more information see SCS Group’s Technical Bulletin.