OUR systems not only save lives in the unfortunate event of fire in a building, but are also a key part of the early design, and then construction, of a building. On top of that, we optimise the performance of buildings with our integrated BEMS systems – therefore improving the efficiency of installation; reducing waste and risk on site.
Our team believes that our success with our customers is driven by our passion to deliver exceptional customer service, using effective communication, a trusted team and a quality product. We are a specialist contractor in smoke ventilation and BEMS systems for residential, commercial and mixed-use developments.
Outline of role
We are looking for a Service and Commissioning Engineer to work at our sites as a key member of our service and commissioning team.
You will work alongside other engineers servicing and commissioning smoke ventilation and BEMS projects on site. This will include reviewing, approving and overseeing the installation and design of minor temporary commissioning supplies and systems. 90% of the work will be in and around London but some travel to other sites around the country may be necessary.
- Able to work as part of an experienced team of engineers
- Site experience, ideally holding a CSCS Card
- Experience working at height
- Understanding of electrical circuits within control panels
- Willing to travel outside of London when necessary
- Willing to participate on a weekend cover rota (approximately every 6 weeks)
- Always aims to deliver great customer service, but not afraid to say ‘No’ when needed
- Be passionate about buildings and love working with people
- You will have a methodical and practical attitude, and good attention to detail
- 17th Edition Electrical qualification or equivalent
- Experience of HVAC systems and automated control systems
- Building Services qualification or other electrical/engineering qualification
The role and SCS Group
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in the construction industry. SCS Group is one of 50 companies to be included in the 2017 Building Good Employer Guide and has recently been awarded Gold accreditation against the Investors in People (IIP) Standard.
The company offers excellent career progression prospects and a training programme covering smoke control and system automation, as well as employee benefits after a one year qualifying period. These include contributory pension scheme, gym membership and healthcare scheme.
Salary: Salary negotiable according to experience.
If you are interested in applying please send your CV to Macarena Machado at email@example.com