Outline of role
We are looking for a Senior Service Engineer to work at our sites as a key member of our service and commissioning team.
You will work alongside other engineers servicing smoke ventilation projects on site, ensuring compliance with BS9999 and the building regulations. 90% of the work will be in and around London but some travel to other sites around the country may be necessary.
- Able to work as part of an experienced team of engineers
- Experience of HVAC systems
- An ability to physically check, maintain and diagnose mechanical and electrical and undertake remedial work when required
- Understanding of electrical circuits within control panels
- An ability to problem solve, think outside of the box and provide thorough solutions
- Site experience, ideally holding a CSCS Card
- Experience working at height
- You will have a methodical and practical attitude, and good attention to detail
- Candidates will be required to have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- You will have experience of (or a strong desire) to lead junior engineers and inspire to achieve excellence
- Willing to travel outside of London when necessary
- Willing to participate on an out of hours cover rota (approximately every 6 weeks)
- Always aims to deliver great customer service, but you are not afraid to say ‘No’ when needed
- Be passionate about buildings and love working with people
- 17th Edition Electrical qualification or other recognised electrical qualification
- Site experience, ideally holding a CSCS
- Experience working at height
- CITB H&S Qualified (CSCS, SSSTS, IOSH, SEATS)
- Experience of software-based controls systems, and an ability write and update system software
What we offer
We know that if our employees are happy, our customers are happy. That’s why we offer a great benefits package. Our reward and benefits package includes:
- Performance-related bonus
- Laptop and iPhone
- 24 days’ holiday, increasing to 25 after 5 years’ service and further increases linked to length of service
- Group pension plan with employer contributions
- On call standby bonus (overtime paid separately)
After qualifying period of 1 year:
- Free gym membership
- Free health insurance
- 5% Pension contributions
SCS Group is well on its way to becoming the UK’s number one choice for ventilation, building management and smoke control solutions.
Our intelligent smoke control, BMS and passive ventilation systems are installed in thousands of buildings nationwide, and our project teams have earned a reputation for technical excellence, reliability and open collaboration.
Crucially, our fire safety expertise means we are able to guarantee projects are compliant with all building regulations and that, in the case of smoke control, building users are fully protected in the event of a fire. Lots of companies talk about ‘value engineering’ but sometimes that really means ‘cutting corners’. There’s none of that with SCS Group.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying please send your CV to Macarena Machado at firstname.lastname@example.org