SCS Group is looking for a Panel Wireman, to be based at our Manufacturing facility in Three Legged Cross, Wimborne, Dorset. As a Panel Wireman, you will report to the Production Manager and carry out the manufacture of low voltage distribution switchboards and control panels for the smoke and BMS industry. This role is 40 hrs per week, Monday to Friday, with the possibility of overtime.
To undertake the mechanical and electrical manufacture of control panels, including:
- Following and understanding general arrangement and electrical drawings
- Layout components on back-plate in-line with other similar products or from experience for bespoke control panels
- Drill, punch, and cut the control panel enclosure, door, and back plate
- Fit components with suitable fixtures
- Label all components
- Wire between components and identify with wire numbers, including; 3 phase LV power, control voltage, PLC wiring, and communication bus wiring.
- Determine suitable wire types and sizes
- Finish products to quality standards set by the company
- Report any design, component, or shortage issues to the Production Manager
- Ensure products are manufactured within the given timescale and in line with the production schedule
Adhere to all health and safety requirements of the environment and role.
- Experience in building control panels within a related industry, such as: BMS, smoke, ventilation, water, or other construction/industrial sector.
- Ability to read, understand, and spot faults in electrical wiring schematics and general arrangements.
Be highly self-motivated, have good organisational skills, and excellent punctuality.
Experience within the smoke, fire, or ventilation industry.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting position, please send your CV to Macarena Machado, Operations Manager, at email@example.com on or before the closing date of Friday, February 16, 2018.