Finance Assistant, Cardiff – This role has now closed. However, we’re always on the lookout for new talent – check out our vacancies page or if you don’t see anything suitable email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch when a suitable opportunity arises.
SCS Group is looking for a Finance Assistant to be based at our headquarters in Cardiff. You will have strong skills in accounting and a passion to develop and progress. You will have will have a can-do attitude, will be reliable and strive to meet tight deadlines.
What we offer
We know that if our employees are happy, our customers are happy. That’s why we offer a great benefits package. Our reward and benefits package includes:
- Performance-related bonus
- Laptop and iPhone
- 24 days’ holiday, increasing to 25 after 5 years’ service and further increases linked to length of service
- Group pension plan with employer contributions
After qualifying period of 1 year:
- Free gym membership
- Free health insurance
- Eligible to join company share scheme
What you’ll do
You will have strong skills in accounting and a passion to develop and progress. You will have will have a can-do attitude, will be reliable and strive to meet tight deadlines.
You will work towards a professional accounting standard at all times and be professional in your attitude to work.
You will provide a professional and timely accounting service in the processing and payments of purchase invoices and expenses through the purchase ledger.
You will deliver an effective and efficient debt collection process to support the company cashflow.
You will provide cover for the payroll function.
You will provide any other support to the Finance Controller and Finance team, as required.
- To ensure that the Sales and Purchase Ledger is accurately maintained and process deadlines (payment dates) are met.
- To ensure that debtors are paid in accordance with agreed terms and conditions, or in accordance with best practice.
- To ensure suppliers are paid in accordance with agreed terms and conditions, or in accordance with best practice.
- To ensure good internal control with respect to the Purchase Ledger function. For example, purchase orders (PO’s) are raised and signed by the appropriate signatories, PO’s are matched to invoices for payment, invoices signed by the appropriate signatories and coded correctly.
- Submission of the supply invoices to Bibby on a weekly / monthly basis.
- Minimum 3-year experience and relevant knowledge and understanding in a similar role.
- A strong customer service focus, and the ability to build effective working relationships with staff and external stakeholders/suppliers.
- Knowledge and experience in VAT transactions / reconciliation and submission.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment and to process deadlines.
- Computerised accounting purchase-ledger experience, preferably SAGE 200 and SAGE50 payroll.
- High attention to detail and an orderly approach to processing.
- Expense-claim processing knowledge and understanding.
- Sound working knowledge of MS Windows-based software packages, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, electronic mail, and the internet.
- Studying towards an accountancy qualification e.g. AAT.
If you are interested in applying please send your CV to Macarena Machado at email@example.com on or before the closing date of December 22, 2017.