OUR systems not only save lives in the unfortunate event of fire in a building, but are also a key part of the early design, and then construction, of a building. On top of that, we optimise the performance of buildings with our integrated BEMS systems – therefore improving the efficiency of installation; reducing waste and risk on site.
Our team believes that our success with our customers is driven by our passion to deliver exceptional customer service, using effective communication, a trusted team and a quality product.
Outline of role
We are looking for an Apprentice Commissioning/Service Engineer to work at our London sites.
We are a specialist contractor in smoke ventilation and BEMS systems for residential, commercial and mixed-use developments.
You will work alongside more experienced engineers commissioning smoke ventilation and BEMS projects on site. This will include reviewing, approving and overseeing the installation and design of minor temporary commissioning supplies and systems. Ninety percent of the work will be in and around London, but some travel to other sites around the country may be necessary.
- Able to work within an experienced team of Engineers.
- Some site experience, ideally holding a CSCS Card
- A willingness to learn and develop
- A person with high attention to detail
- Understanding of electrical circuits within control panels.
- Willing to travel outside of London if necessary.
- Always aim to deliver great customer services, but you are not afraid to say ‘No’ when needed.
- Be passionate about buildings and love working with people
- Three or more GCSEs at grade C or above
- The successful candidate would be expected to attend college in order to further their education in building services. Suitable qualifications would include the following: 17th Edition Electrical qualification; NVQ level two and three
Hours of work
- 8am to 4.30pm (plus inclusion on weekend callout rota – one weekend in six)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in the construction industry. SCS Group is one of 50 companies to be included in the 2016 Building Good Employer Guide and has recently been awarded Gold accreditation against the Investors in People (IIP) Standard.
The company offers excellent career progression prospects, as well as employee benefits after one year qualifying period. These include contributory pension scheme, gym membership and healthcare scheme.
Salary: Competitive salary dependent on experience.
If you are interested in applying please send your CV to Macarena Machado at email@example.com